Lloyd J. Tarkington has over 30 years domestic and international experience in Project Management, Engineering, and Construction in the chemicals and petrochemicals industries. His experience includes plant design, supervision of capital improvement and construction projects, negotiations with foreign governments, management of engineering and maintenance departments including utilities, and venture management.
Principal, Tarkington LTD
- Provided consulting services in project management and engineering
- Conducted process troubleshooting investigations
- Managed relocation of a sawdust drying plant from LA to PA (Energex Corporation)
- Managed construction of warehouse and installation of manufacturing process for pet food (WellPet, South Bend, IN)
Director of Engineering, SPI Polyols, Inc., New Castle, DE
- Managed process engineering and project engineering of capital projects ($5 million annually)
- Directed seven project managers and multiple contractors
Manager Maintenance, Engineering and Utilities, SPI Polyols, Inc., New Castle, DE
- Managed 40 union employees and capital and maintenance budgets of $10 million annually
Venture Manager, FMC Corporation, Princeton, NJ
- Directed venture business development and design team of ten engineers and chemists in developing a project to use brine feed stock located in South America
- Managed pilot plant and process development
- Managed South American and US construction and design teams
- Traveled extensively in Argentina, Chile, and Bolivia
- Served as director of Argentine subsidiary.
- Directed engineering and construction of $100 million plant at an isolated site located at 4,000 meters elevation in the Argentine Andes
- Negotiated purchase of patents for ion-exchange process use for lithium removal from brine
Mr. Tarkington holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas. He has completed professional development courses including venture management, project management, and negotiating. He is a member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), and is a registered professional engineer in the state of West Virginia. Mr. Tarkington has a working knowledge of Spanish and Japanese.