The Becht Team
Below you will find brief biographies of key Becht personnel. Click on one of the functional areas to bring up persons engaged in that service area..
*** Please note that the listing below is representative of the quality of Becht’s staff and not an exhaustive listing of all personnel ***Request Additional Team Member Info
Keith Austin has over 35 years of experience in refining based on his long-term career with Shell and subsequent consulting. He has extensive experience in furnace operation, Infrared (IR) imaging, operations training, run & improvement, incident investigation and combustion system tuning. Work experience includes:
- Participated in three-week process heater study at a Canadian Refinery
- Provided ongoing heater IR monitoring, run and improve, combustion system tuning, and training for field personnel to many domestic US Refineries
Site Fired Equipment Specialist, Shell Oil Deer Park
- Responsible for reliability and efficiency of site fired heaters. Tracked the site wide energy efficiency using the Solomon Energy Intensity Index.
- Managed the heater infrared monitoring program for the site. Liaison to the Corporate IR team from the central office.
- Trouble shooting day to day operational issues with the heaters and flares. Investigating heater issues that may cause unit rate constraints.
- Developing new projects for heater and flare improvements.
- Managed heater maintenance work during turnarounds, such as decoking, convection/radiant tube replacements, stack damper replacement, and burner repair or replacement.
- Worked with the burner vendors on firing issues. Witnessed new burner performance testing at the manufacturer’s facility for all new burners.
- Trained operators in basic furnace operations. Trained craftsmen in proper maintenance of burners.
- Participated in incident investigations involving heaters at the Deer Park site. Also, participated as a team member in a head office study, investigating Boiler and Heater incidents for a five year period occurring within Shell worldwide.
- Member of the Corporate Heat Transfer Technology Team.
Multiple Roles, Shell Oil Deer Park
- Start-up crew of new power station including two 1250 psi boilers, two 50 MW steam turbines, de-mineralized water and condensate treatment, cooling water system and associated equipment. Construction oversight, commissioning and start-up.
Progressed through roles including Console Operator, Shift Supervisor, Training Coordinator, Operations & Maintenance Supervisor and Turnaround C
- Advisor Resources
- Becht Canada
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Capital Projects
- Corrosion Materials
- Due Diligence
- Fired Heaters
- Heavy Lift
- Inst/Elec Controls
- Maintenance & Turnarounds
- Mechanical Eng
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Eng