The Becht Team
Below you will find brief biographies of key Becht personnel. Click on one of the functional areas to bring up persons engaged in that service area..
*** Please note that the listing below is representative of the quality of Becht’s staff and not an exhaustive listing of all personnel ***Request Additional Team Member Info
Mark has served industry for 45 years as a Non Destructive Examination (NDE) Practitioner and Consultant. His NDE experience spans Up, Mid and Downstream Petroleum and Petrochemical Industry. He also has extensive NDT experience in Aerospace, Military and Power Generation.
Mark’s expertise includes design, fabrication and testing of NDE equipment along with mock-ups, calibration/performance demonstration standards and NDE procedures/work processes and training.
Expert in developing multidiscipline NDE approaches; detection and quantification for FFS work for specialized damage mechanisms, such as:
- Wet H2S Damage, High Temperature Hydrogen Attack, Chloride Stress Corrosion Cracking
Expert in developing unique NDE Applications:
- Tube to Tube Sheet Welds, Phased Array UT Scanner, Mock-Up, procedure and inspection work process; Boiler Tube Cracking, internal inspection with Phased Array UT Angle Beam; Multi-Layered Vessel weld inspection with Phased Array UT, ToFD and FMC TFM; ERW Piping Long Seam inspection; Small bore instrument piping
Expert in Validating Thickness Measurements and Thickness Data Analysis and Teaching inspectors how to Review Data.
Mark actively provides hands on NDE training including UT, PT MT WFMT & VT for Operating Company employees and NDE service providers. He has ASNT Level II certifications in the aforementioned disciplines. Mark conducts NDE training workshops on-site using samples of damaged material, NDE equipment, surface preparation examples with emphasis on true capabilities of NDE techniques.
- API Subcommittee for Inspection and Mechanical Integrity. (SCIMI)
- API Inspection and Mechanical Integrity Summit Vice Chair
- Materials Technology Institute (MTI), National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE)
- Harwell Offshore Inspection Services (HOIS)
Mark is based in Houston, TX.
- Advisor Resources
- Becht Canada
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Capital Projects
- Corrosion Materials
- Due Diligence
- Fired Heaters
- Heavy Lift
- Inst/Elec Controls
- Maintenance & Turnarounds
- Mechanical Eng
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Eng