The Becht Team
Below you will find brief biographies of key Becht personnel. Click on one of the functional areas to bring up persons engaged in that service area..
*** Please note that the listing below is representative of the quality of Becht’s staff and not an exhaustive listing of all personnel ***Request Additional Team Member Info
Mark Stonehouse, PEng
Mr. Stonehouse has over fifteen years of experience working in mechanical engineering design and analysis for the petroleum industry, primarily with pressure vessels and pressure vessel internals. His experience and expertise includes linear and non-linear stress analysis using the finite element method for design and fitness for service and includes a wide variety of FEA work performed involving plasticity, buckling, static, and thermal-transient analyses.
He has worked substantially with fixed equipment codes and standards such as ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Division 1, Division 2, and Division 3; API-579 / ASME FFS-1.
Specific areas of expertise and example projects include:
- Reviewing and performing pressure vessel design calculations per ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Div. 1 and Div. 2.
- Software applications used include Compress, Nozzle-PRO and in-house software packages.
- Performing fitness for service evaluations per API-579/FFS-1.
- Developing Project specifications in accordance with Industry and Client requirements.
- Developing inter-discipline work processes for the implementation of a Modularization Program as Subject Matter Expert for the Pre-Dressing of Vessels.
- Developing Technical RFQ and Purchase Packages for a large variety of pressure vessels and pressure vessel internals.
- Reviewing and clarifying the technical content of fabricator bids to assist in the vendor selection and purchase of vessels and internals.
- Developing and presenting training courses for fellow engineers in the areas of RFQ/Bid-Tabulation, Pressure Vessel Internals, Compress and NozzlePRO.
- Coordinating Client and multi-disciplinary requirements with Supplier designs to ensure successful equipment fabrication and resolution of field installation issues
- Reviewing and performing tank design calculations per API-650.
Mark received his BSc in Mechanical Engineering from the University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, Canada; and his Bachelor of Commerce Degree from Mount Allison University, Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada.
- Advisor Resources
- Becht Canada
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Capital Projects
- Corrosion Materials
- Due Diligence
- Fired Heaters
- Heavy Lift
- Inst/Elec Controls
- Maintenance & Turnarounds
- Mechanical Eng
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Eng