The Becht Team
Below you will find brief biographies of key Becht personnel. Click on one of the functional areas to bring up persons engaged in that service area..
*** Please note that the listing below is representative of the quality of Becht’s staff and not an exhaustive listing of all personnel ***Request Additional Team Member Info
Paul Wittenbach has over 41 years domestic and international welding and metallurgical engineering experience in the petroleum industry (downstream, upstream, chemicals, midstream, transportation) including design, construction, operations, and maintenance. His experience includes:
- Provided metallurgical and welding engineering consultation services for a major Oil Company to all operating groups, including E&P, refining, chemicals, pipeline and overseas locations, plus licensing and licensees worldwide. Services included welding and metallurgical engineering consultation, selecting and specifying metals for diverse components, failure analysis, welding procedure reviews, welding procedure development and revision, trouble shooting, in-service welding (including hot taps) evaluations, inspection and fitness for service evaluations. Develop, qualify and maintain Company welding procedures.
- Provided metallurgical and welding consultation to a major Oil Company and subsidiary companies. This included metallurgical failure analysis, welding procedure selection and optimization, vendor and fabricator welding procedure reviews
- Performed on-site and/or office-based problem solving to facilitate maintenance and new pressure containing equipment procurement for piping, pipelines, petroleum production and processing, refining, chemical plants. Also provided these services for structural work including offshore structures in deep water.
- Wrote fabrication specifications, performed failure analysis, applied fracture mechanics/fitness-for-service principles to extend structure and equipment life, and provided materials consultation for replacement and new equipment. Supported procurement, onshore fabrication and offshore construction from Stavanger office and on-site.
- Participated in ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Committee work from 2008 to 2017 including terms as Secretary of both ASME II, Ferrous Materials and ASME VIII, Materials Subgroup (VIII-SGM) and Vice Chairman of VIII-SGM.
Mr. Wittenbach holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Welding Engineering from LeTourneau College, Longview, TX, and a Master of Materials Engineering degree from Auburn University, Auburn, AL. He is a Registered Professional Engineer in OK, and a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI).
Mr. Wittenbach is based in Bartlesville, OK.
- Advisor Resources
- Becht Canada
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Capital Projects
- Corrosion Materials
- Due Diligence
- Fired Heaters
- Heavy Lift
- Inst/Elec Controls
- Maintenance & Turnarounds
- Mechanical Eng
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Eng