The Becht Team
Below you will find brief biographies of key Becht personnel. Click on one of the functional areas to bring up persons engaged in that service area..
*** Please note that the listing below is representative of the quality of Becht’s staff and not an exhaustive listing of all personnel ***Request Additional Team Member Info
Ms. Weindorf has eleven years of design and analytical experience in the power industry. She has developed expertise in the design and detailed analysis of piping systems and pressure vessels in accordance with the industry codes including American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and Welding Research Council (WRC). Selected experiences include:
- Performed detailed analysis in accordance with ASME Section III for various pressure vessels using ANSYS finite element software including
- Primary Stress Analysis, Thermal Transient Analysis, Fatigue Analysis, Seismic Analysis, Primary + Secondary Stress Analysis, Thermal Ratcheting Analysis, Elastic-plastic Shakedown Analysis, Non-ductile Failure Analysis per Appendix G of the ASME Code
- Analyzed piping systems and verified piping analyses in accordance with ASME B31.1 utilizing finite element software. Analyzed interfacing equipment nozzles in accordance with WRC-107 and WRC-297.
- Performed and verified pipe support analyses in accordance with the AISC Steel Construction Manual
- Completed several engineering changes for piping systems changes and equipment replacements.
- Analyzed and dispositioned emergent plant conditions including water hammer, steam hammer, vortex shedding, flow assisted corrosion, Section XI Flaw analyses, LOCA, Leak Before Break, etc.
- Interfaced with regulatory agencies during audits to provide support for request for information (RFIs) and to provide technical support for the plant design and licensing compliance
- Member of the ASME Section III Working Group committee for Piping
- Developed programs and procedures for performing design analysis for pressure vessels and piping systems in accordance with the ASME Code Section III and ASME B31.1.
- Developed and instructed training sessions for design and analysis of pressure vessels and piping systems.
- Performed fitness-for-service evaluations in accordance with API-579 / ASME FFS-1.
- Performed life cycle fatigue and creep analyses in accordance with EN 12952-3
- Performed root causes analysis for piping and system vibration and developed modifications to mitigate effects of vibration.
Ms. Weindorf is a graduate of the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York and obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Advisor Resources
- Becht Canada
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Capital Projects
- Corrosion Materials
- Due Diligence
- Fired Heaters
- Heavy Lift
- Inst/Elec Controls
- Maintenance & Turnarounds
- Mechanical Eng
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Eng