The Becht Team
Below you will find brief biographies of key Becht personnel. Click on one of the functional areas to bring up persons engaged in that service area..
*** Please note that the listing below is representative of the quality of Becht’s staff and not an exhaustive listing of all personnel ***Request Additional Team Member Info
Todd Marut has over 40 years of experience in fractionation, liquid-liquid extraction, and vapor-liquid, liquid-liquid, and vapor-liquid-liquid separations. He provided process engineering support to ExxonMobil’s global business clients in the areas of fractionation, extraction, and separation vessel and internals design, debottlenecking and troubleshooting. He was also responsible for assisting refining and petrochemical plant operations with meeting operational and capital improvement objectives.
This technical support included:
- Compliance with design practices and engineering standards
- Defining commercial experience bands
- Process improvement, energy management and technical quality assurance consulting
- Capital project process design basis, facilities definition and technical support
- Applications of vendor supplied high performance tower trays/packings, mist eliminators, coalescers and compact separation devices
- Review of vendor tower and separator internals detailed designs
- Tower/separator vessel inspections
- Process unit start-ups
His process engineering experience also includes gas treating, thermal conversion, and oil sands processes, along with experience in process design.
Todd holds a Master of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from New Jersey Institute of Technology and a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Massachusetts. He co-authored AIChE publications with Fractionation Research Inc. (FRI) and patents while employed at ExxonMobil Research & Engineering Company. He served on the FRI Design Practices and Technical Committees, and is a member of AIChE.
- Advisor Resources
- Becht Canada
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Capital Projects
- Corrosion Materials
- Due Diligence
- Fired Heaters
- Heavy Lift
- Inst/Elec Controls
- Maintenance & Turnarounds
- Mechanical Eng
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Eng