The Becht Team
Below you will find brief biographies of key Becht personnel. Click on one of the functional areas to bring up persons engaged in that service area..
*** Please note that the listing below is representative of the quality of Becht’s staff and not an exhaustive listing of all personnel ***Request Additional Team Member Info
Walter F. Farmayan
Walter F. Farmayan has over 30 years applied technical service and R&D experience in the oil and gas industry, in diverse areas related to fire and explosion safety, and combustion engineering. His experience includes:
- Perform fire and explosion modeling
- Perform blast modeling utilizing computational fluid dynamics (CFD),
- Produce quantitative risk assessments (QRA),
- Develop site process plant
- Develop comprehensive explosion risk studies for deep water platforms in the Gulf of Mexico (GoM)
- Develop numerical “evergreen” fire and explosion Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) models for major manufacturing facilities in North America
- Perform furnace and process heater design, burner design
- Make calculations concerning combustion chemistry and kinetics, solid fuel combustion, coal gasification, slagging and fouling, incineration.
- Participate as burner design specialist in downhole/ sub-surface string heater R&D program for mobilization and recovery of heavy hydrocarbon resources / shale oil
- Produce innovative recuperative burner designs for down hole sub-surface heating at “lean” oxygen limits
- Produce commercial 2-phase flow process heater designs for clients
- Carry out numerical modeling of sub-surface groundwater flow and transport, saturated and unsaturated groundwater flow, multiphase flow and transport, soil and groundwater remediation.
- Produced advanced saturated / unsaturated and multi-flow modeling to develop “nomograms” or look-up tables for rapid evaluation of contaminant infiltration, as well as non-aqueous phase liquid (NAPL) impacts.
- Provide litigation support on contaminant flow and transport issues
- Produced advanced numerical groundwater modeling instrumental to resolution of multi-party litigation cases
- Provide expertise on pulverized coal and coal gasification, combustion chemistry and chemical kinetics, burner design, incineration, ash deposition and high temperature slag phase behavior.
- Provide technical support to R&D on coal gasification and to coal marketing to power industry
- Develop multi-component slag fluxing methodology to enable application of gasification process to a broad range of coal types around the world
- Provide technical support/resolution of slagging, fouling, combustion reactivity, and emission issues for major power stations burning coals ranging from Powder River basin lignite to eastern bituminous coals.
Mr. Farmayan holds a B.S. degree (with Highest Honors) from the University of Texas at Austin, TX, and an S. M. degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, both in Chemical Engineering.
- Advisor Resources
- Becht Canada
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Capital Projects
- Corrosion Materials
- Due Diligence
- Fired Heaters
- Heavy Lift
- Inst/Elec Controls
- Maintenance & Turnarounds
- Mechanical Eng
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Eng