Clyde Neely, P.E.
DRAWING PACKAGE AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS FOR MTI PORTABLE SKILL DEMONSTRATION TEST RIG
Becht Engineering Co., Inc., was awarded a project by the Materials Technology Institute (MTI) to develop a test rig to be employed in training personnel in the proper way to assemble flanges used in plant piping and equipment. A portable MTI Skill Demonstration Test Rig was prepared for this purpose.
The Drawing Package consisted of the following:
• Cover Sheet (single page)
• Preface (single page)
• Five Fully Detailed Test Rig Drawings:
- BECHT-1.DGN Skill Demonstration Test Rig Assembly & Parts List
- BECHT-2.DGN Skill Demonstration Test Rig Details
- BECHT-3.DGN Skill Demonstration Test Rig Details
- BECHT-4.DGN Skill Demonstration Platform Truck Piping Schematic Assembly & Parts List
- BECHT-5.DGN Skill Demonstration Detail "X" & Strainsert Quote
• Specific User Plant Safety Guidelines for personnel protective equipment requirements and compliance with OSHA regulations for lock out and de-energizing stored energy.
The Operating Instruction Package consisted of a 12-page, detailed, step-by-step procedure that included filing, pressurizing depressurizing and draining each of the four flange test systems, all of which were mounted on a platform truck for portability.