Mr. Hollinger has 37 years of professional engineering experience in nuclear power generation. He has been involved in design and fabrication of reactor vessels, steam generators and pressurizers, and piping for commercial and non-commercial nuclear systems since 1978, as well as, non-nuclear vessel design, fabrication and certification. Specialization includes stress classification, fatigue and elevated temperature design for pressure vessel components. Additional
specialization in ASME Code certification for construction of Section VIII Div. 1, Div. 2 and Div. 3 vessels and Section III, Division 1 Class 1, 2 and 3 vessels. Mr. Hollinger teaches Design of Section III Division 1 components for ASME Professional Development.
An ASME Fellow, Mr. Hollinger has over 20 publications in his areas of specialty, and has received numerous honors and awards in recognition of his work, such as the ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping Division Award in 2004, and the ASME Board of Governors Award for Chair of the ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping Division in 1995.
Greg serves or has served on the following committees:
- ASME Board on Nuclear Codes and Standards
- ASME Board on Pressure Technology Codes and Standards (former member)
- Subcommittee on Design of BPV III Member/Secretary
- Subgroup on General Requirements (BPV III) Member
- ASME B&PV Code Subcommittee VIII (former member)
- ASME B&PV Code Subcommittee VIII Subgroup on Design (former member)
- Task Group Duties and Responsibilities (SGGR, BPV III) Member
- Subcommittee on Accreditation (QAI) Alternate
- Committee on Boiler & Pressure Vessel Conformity Assessment (CBPVCA) Former Alternate
- Associate Editor for The ASME Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology (term ended 2006)
- Member, International Council on Pressure Vessel Technology, Secretary of The Americas Regional Committee
- The ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping Division, Senate of Past Chairs