Becht Year in Review – 2020
2020 has been a year filled with many challenges and we extend our sympathy to those who have been affected by hardships, both professionally and personally. This year we refocused on our mission to Help Our Clients Succeed by developing products to navigate the challenges of 2020 and beyond. Prior to COVID, our industry faced a loss of experience and energy transition pressures. COVID only reinforced those challenges and added an unprecedented demand destruction to the mix. We hope our efforts this year will help our clients achieve greater resiliency and give them the tools to recover as we see a post-pandemic world approach on the horizon.
Industry Leading Developments
- Coke drum life assessment tool. Applied to a major US Refiner identifying >$300M in capital deferral through fleetwide evaluation.
- Methodology for assessing HTHA considering time-dependent behavior
- Method for assessing high temperature crude corrosion
- BRAVO (Becht Reliability Asset Value Optimization) methodology, providing holistic solutions to address safety, reliability, and profitability elements
- Rebranded from Becht Engineering Co. Inc, to Becht. A shorter name, but a broader range of services.
- Added leadership & offices in the Netherlands (serving Europe Middle East Africa), Argentina (serving Latin America), and Singapore (serving Asia Pacific).
- Added a Strategic Business Planning Division focused on asset lifecycle, value chain optimization, digitalization, and energy transformation.
- Acquired a Fired Heater Services Division which applies advanced infrared thermography to troubleshoot and optimize clients’ heaters.
- Created BechtCONNECT platform to further enhance our Technical Services Agreements. Through the platform, clients can quickly connect with subject matter experts, gain access to a technical library, and participate in interactive learning; all with a focus on capturing and institutionalizing knowledge
- Developed GoVirtual! capability for things such as training, due diligence studies, and audits, enabling expert SME remote participation
- Energy Transition webinar highlighted the change, uncertainty, and economic pressure that our industry is facing and how to start planning for the necessary changes.
- Turndown Operations series of webinars in the spring addressed the impact of COVID-19 on plant operations. Our content reached 3,000 people from 70 countries, resulting in identification and mitigation of key threats from abnormal operation.