The Becht Team
Below you will find brief biographies of key Becht personnel. Click on one of the functional areas to bring up persons engaged in that service area..
*** Please note that the listing below is representative of the quality of Becht’s staff and not an exhaustive listing of all personnel ***Request Additional Team Member Info
Charles (Chuck) Becht IV, PhD, PE
Dr. Becht, Fellow ASME, former Chairman of the ASME B31.3, Process Piping Code and 2014 J Hall Taylor Medal recipient, is a recognized authority in pressure vessels, piping, expansion joints, and elevated temperature design. He has more than 40 years of experience in design, design review, analysis, check-out, mechanical integrity, development, troubleshooting, and failure analysis.
He has developed new components, design methods, and Code rules for severe service and other applications. Click here for a summary of his Discoveries and Developments.
He has more than 60 publications including two books (on B31.3 and B31.1 piping) and seven patents and is a frequent speaker and chairman in technical forums. He received the ASME Dedicated Service Award in 2001 and was the recipient of the 2009 ASME Pressure Vessel and Piping Medal. He is President of Becht Engineering Co., Inc, CEO of Helidex, LLC, and Director of Sonomatic Ltd.
His professional career began with Energy Systems Group, Rockwell International, where he became lead engineer in charge of elevated temperature piping and expansion joint R & D programs for Liquid Metal Fast Breeder Reactors and continued with Exxon Research and Engineering. Dr. Becht is a leader in Codes and Standards activities, some of which are listed below.
- B31 Code for Pressure Piping Standards Committee Former Member
- B31 Mechanical Design Technical Committee Member
- B31.3 Process Piping Section Committee Member (past Chair)
- Board on Pressure Technology Codes and Standards Former Member
- Post Construction Subcommittee on Repair and Testing (PCC) Former Member (founding Chair)
- Pressure Technology Post Construction Committee Former Member (past Chair)
- Pressure Technology Post Construction Executive Committee (past Chair)
- B&PV Code Subgroup on Elevated Temperature Design Former Member (past Chair)
- Advisor Resources
- Becht Canada
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Capital Projects
- Corrosion Materials
- Due Diligence
- Fired Heaters
- Heavy Lift
- Inst/Elec Controls
- Maintenance & Turnarounds
- Mechanical Eng
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Eng