The Becht Team
Mary Buchheim has 24 years of engineering consulting experience in the petroleum refining industry. Her activities range from managing the development of Corrosion Control Documents (CCD), participating in corrosion and damage mechanism reviews, providing project management of brittle fracture and HTHA studies, to project management of proprietary software products.
- Participated in the development of Corrosion Control Documents (CCDs) for various refinery and oil sands units.
- Participated in Corrosion and Damage Reviews for various refining units for RBI.
- Managed brittle fracture and HTHA studies.
- Participated in refinery process reviews to optimize energy conservation
- Applied engineering skills to facilitate the technology transfer between technical experts, software developers, and end users in numerous software development projects.
- Developed software requirements specifications for a proposed engineering data warehouse.
- Managed project developing API 581 compliant Risk Based Inspection software tool.
- Managed project developing API 571 compliant Damage Mechanism software tool.
- Managed technical document development projects including API and ASME documents and engineering practices collections.
Ms. Buchheim began her career with Exxon Research and Engineering Company, and continued her career with Mechanical and Materials Engineering and then with Equity Engineering, before joining Becht Engineering. She received a B.S. Chemical Engineering from University of Pittsburgh. She has received training as a lead auditor for ISO 9001 Quality Management and also as an application expert in Meridium software.
Ms. Buchheim is based in Kihei, HI.
- Advisor Resources
- Becht Canada
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Capital Projects
- Corrosion Materials
- Due Diligence
- Fired Heaters
- Heavy Lift
- Inst/Elec Controls
- Maintenance & Turnarounds
- Mechanical Eng
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Eng