The Becht Team
Melvin G. Larson
Mr. Larson has 40 years of domestic and international operations experience managing various projects and specialty consulting on Fluid Catalyst Cracking processes. His project management experience includes strategy analysis and due diligence of refinery and system wide modifications taking into account local and international market projections. His consulting services specialize in process troubleshooting and profit improvement analysis in the FCC, Unsaturates Gas Plant, Alkylation, and Naphtha Reformer areas.
KBC Advanced Technologies
- Project Management including Strategic Analysis, Due Diligence, and General refinery knowledge and experience along with being FCC Specialists. Mr. Larson has been on 60+ FCC units globally and more refineries.
- Due Diligence analysis and advisor for clients pursuing oil processing assets.
- Project Manager to Latin American Oil Company completing over $9 Billion strategic new refinery build evaluation and configuration
- Project manager on Profit Improvement Programs. Extensive international experience, working in Europe, Latin America/South America, South Korea, and Japan. Personal responsibility requires overall refinery knowledge and capability to manage and coordinate multiple disciplines on both client and company aspects of the work. Strong leadership and team building are key to success in this role.
- Refinery General Skills, knowledge and operational experience on Crude /Vac, Reforming, FCC, Alkylation. Worked on large multi-Billion dollar projects as technical advisor for major oil company. Have participated in several due diligence activities for potential purchasers focused on technical accuracy and integrity analyst.
- Completed over 6 Due Diligence analyses with Global Commodity trader for refinery investment.
- Technical Advisor to National Oil company new Latin American refinery project. FEL-0 through FEL III assistance from conception and strategy analysis and in detailed work assistance with owner, licensors and EPC firm. Over $4 Billion project.
- Identified and implemented over 20% additional capacity in Japanese FCC Unit without investment. Completed environmental improvements on FCC in Australia through improved catalyst retention system and operational changes.
While at a major oil refinery, Mr. Larson directed process design/implementation of $30 MM$ FCCU/Unsaturates Gas Plan revamp project; designed and implemented installation of an auto FCCU Emergency Shutdown System; and was a technical engineer in charge of pre-commissioning training of operating personnel, start-up, and operation of a UOP CCR Platformer.
Mr. Larson graduated from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology with a B.S. in Chemical Engineering.
- Advisor Resources
- Becht Canada
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Capital Projects
- Corrosion Materials
- Due Diligence
- Fired Heaters
- Heavy Lift
- Inst/Elec Controls
- Maintenance & Turnarounds
- Mechanical Eng
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Eng