The Becht Team
Below you will find brief biographies of key Becht personnel. Click on one of the functional areas to bring up persons engaged in that service area..
*** Please note that the listing below is representative of the quality of Becht’s staff and not an exhaustive listing of all personnel ***Request Additional Team Member Info
Annette is an industry expert in structural integrity with extensive experience covering assessments of engineering components relating to hydro power, fossil power and petrochemical plants. Her main expertise is the application of crack assessment and remaining life assessment procedures such as BS7910 and API 579 to develop allowable crack sizes and/or time for failure for components subjected to cyclic loads or high temperature exposure. Prior to Becht, Annette spent 18 years with Quest Integrity in Asia Pacific and 7 years with TWI in the UK. With the project work predominantly focused on structural integrity or as parts of failure investigations. Over the last 12 years Annette has conducted more than forty API 579 training courses in Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe.
Previous projects include:
- Integrity assessment of anhydrous ammonia storage tanks including leak before break calculations.
- Combined creep and fatigue assessment of steam headers subjected to cyclic pressure and temperature fluctuations.
- Leak rate analysis of through-wall cracks in a pressure vessel subject to pressure fluctuations.
- Probabilistic fracture assessment of 304 stainless steel elbows with stress relaxation cracks
- Acceptable crack size calculations and creep crack growth analysis of high energy steam pipework
- Integrity based prioritization of weld inspection in high pressure high temperature pipework
Annette holds a MSc in Active Vibration Control of Engineering Structures subjected to earthquake (in Danish), Aalborg University, Denmark and a PhD in Constraint Estimation Schemes in Fracture Mechanics, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Glasgow University, UK. She is a Registered Professional Engineer of Australia and Queensland (RPEng, RPEQ) and a professional member of the Welding and Joining Society in the UK (CEng, FWeld).
- Advisor Resources
- Becht Canada
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Capital Projects
- Corrosion Materials
- Due Diligence
- Fired Heaters
- Heavy Lift
- Inst/Elec Controls
- Maintenance & Turnarounds
- Mechanical Eng
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Eng