The Becht Team
Below you will find brief biographies of key Becht personnel. Click on one of the functional areas to bring up persons engaged in that service area..
*** Please note that the listing below is representative of the quality of Becht’s staff and not an exhaustive listing of all personnel ***Request Additional Team Member Info
Frank Engli has over 30 years of experience in project, maintenance, health, safety, security, environmental (HSSE), and turnaround management in the petroleum refining industry. His experience includes:
- Reorganized the Project, Maintenance, and Turnaround department to meet budget and safely execute work
- Implemented a major maintenance management and improve project management which was able to successfully execute pitstops, infrastructure upgrades, capital projects and tank maintenance budgets of 100 M$ plus per year.
- Led the reorganization of the execution departments. resulting in reduced safety incidents
- Significantly improved the cost and duration of turnarounds and day to day maintenance by extending unit run lengths and reducing duration
- Have reduced over all execution annual cost
- Built a caring and collaborative safety culture by working with contractors and building trades using a tripartite approach.
- Improved safety performance from a TRFC of >1 to >0.17.
- Planned and executed turnarounds in 2013, 2015, and 2016 of 130M$, 230M$ and 230M$ using over 2500 contract employees.
- Reduced budget for 2016 Turnaround from 250 M$ to 167 M$ through work scope reduction and further unit decoupling.
- Improved the cost and duration of the site’s turnarounds by extending unit run lengths and reducing duration
- Most units are in Q1 Solomon.
- Instituted flange management/leak control program which resulted in a leak free start up in 2016.
- Managed overall budget, safety, planning, scheduling, and execution of turnaround and cat cracker cyclone replacement project work utilizing company and contract personnel of up to 2000 individuals on site.
- Led, audited, and implemented maintenance and turnaround management system and contractor safety management programs
- Directly supervised a staff of five to fifteen supervisors, planners, technicians, engineers, and contractors in the preparation and safe execution of maintenance and turnaround
- Managed the overall budget, safety planning, scheduling and execution of all Turnaround work related to refinery special projects.
Mr. Engli holds a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, a Master of Engineering from the Institute for Aerospace Studies, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, and a Master of Business Administration degree from Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova Scotia. He holds Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Advisor Resources
- Becht Canada
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Capital Projects
- Corrosion Materials
- Due Diligence
- Fired Heaters
- Heavy Lift
- Inst/Elec Controls
- Maintenance & Turnarounds
- Mechanical Eng
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Eng