Mr. Hauser has over 29 years experience in the fields of process safety, process hazard/HAZOP analysis, prestart-up safety reviews, pressure safety, relief system design consulting and process design/development. He also has 19 years specializing in process safety, pressure safety and relief system design for multiple clients with accomplishments including:
- Presented 5-day Advanced PHA Leaser training course for 20 middle east refining, petrochemicals and chemicals clients.
- PHA team leader covering 3 entire plant sites plus multiple units at other clients. Reviews included HAZOP and other checklist reviews of each processing step to compare risk involved against the need for and cost of a change. Reports covered all aspects of OSHA PSM/PHA requirements. Responsibilities included preparations, team training, review meeting facilitator, record keeping and report writing.
- Certified Master Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) Leader by the Process Safety Institute.
- Developed and presented PHA participant training at multiple clients.
- Extensive experience conducting all types of relief system designs from simple to complex, multi-vessel modeling.
- Active participation in the DIERS Users Group including chair of the ERS Design for Fire Committee.
- Published articles related to relief system design for the fire case in Process Safety progress (1/95) and the Journal of Loss Prevention in the process Industries (9/01).
- Developed materials and provided multiple relief system design training sessions at 5 major clients.
- 11 years process design/development experience at Exxon Research and Engineering Co.
Mr. Hauser has a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from Carnegie-MellonUniversity. He is a registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania, Illinois and Texas.